Millions of dollars have been spent investigating and pursuing ways to grow sales, and no wonder, after all, sales are the lifeblood of any organisation. Yet only a handful of companies have been able to grow their sales steadily not just in good times, but in lean times, in the face of ferocious competition.
Our extensive and intricate research into 2663 companies highlighted those less successful fall prey to a number of common mistakes, here’s a few….
- 82% don’t have or follow a consultative sales process
- 42% of salespeople are performing below expectations
- 90% struggle to balance prospecting, presenting, negotiating, closing and managing an account
Through analysing the facts, we found there were many universal barriers that surmounted to these 5 dangerous issues that affect all Sales teams.
The 5 Barriers
- Poorly defined sales processes
- Lack of essential skills
- Failure to focus salespeople’s activity
- Allowing self-limiting beliefs to constrain performance
- Failure to develop leadership teams that nurture potential
We can prove a focused, skilled team with strong leadership and a clearly defined consultative sales process can drive a permanent increase of 15% in sales performance.
The Sales Activator solution was developed as a result of research undertaken with over 2,600 organisations and has revolutionised the face of sales training for 100s of companies around the world, including Microsoft, AXA PPP, AXA Sunlife, MBNA, Zurich, Barclay’s, Orange, Shell, Cadbury Schweppes, Xerox, DHL and Vodafone.